Homeberry Ltd is registered as a data controller on the UK Data Protection Register. Our registration number is ZA846682.
• What information we collect
• The legal basis for processing we use in relation to processing your personal data
• How we use your personal information and how long we keep it for
• Who we share your information with and on what basis
• How you can control our use of your personal information
• Your rights
• Who to contact if you want more information
When we collect your personal information
We collect personal information about you as soon as you access our website www.homeberry.co.uk using a smartphone or computer and also when you call our customer service team. The specific information we collect depends on whether you are a customer or a website visitor. If you buy a product from our website or catalogue, you become a customer of Homeberry Ltd. The specific information we collect is detailed below in the What personal information we collect section of this document.
What personal information we collect on our website
The personal information we collect from you when you access our website comes in two parts: the information you give us when you complete our website forms, and the information we automatically gather from the device you use to access our website.
Information you give Homeberry Ltd : this includes the following data items (although you can visit and use our website without giving us this information, if you do not place a transaction or an enquiry during your web visit to us):
• Your first name or initial, and surname
• Your email address
• Your telephone number
• Your postal address
• Payment details: if you order products from our website, your payment details will be processed by our payment processors RealEx/WorldPay and Paypal. Homeberry Ltd does not store any of your payment details; we are given a transaction ID by our payment processor
What personal information we collect by post and by phone
Information you give Homeberry Ltd : if you order via the catalogue order form or phone our call centre we collect the following information about you;
• Your first name or initial, and surname
• Your email address, to which we send out order despatch information.
• Your telephone number
• Your postal address
• Payment details, if you order products from our website, your payment details will be processed by our payment processors Realex/WorldPay and Paypal, Homeberry Ltd does not store any of your payment details, we are given a transaction ID by our payment processor. If you attach a cheque to your order coupon, this is banked, no details of your bank account are stored by us
Preferences by catalogue and by phone: you can change how we stay in touch with you, and what we inform you about via the My Account section of our website (see above). If you do not want to do this, you can change your preferences on the order form in the catalogue or by phoning our customer service team on 020 3903 9300
Why we collect your personal information
There are three main purposes for gathering your personal information: for marketing activities, for deliveries, and for transaction processing.
Transaction processing: when you purchase a product from our website or catalogue, you become a customer of Homeberry Ltd, so we retain personal information on you whilst you remain an active customer of ours and also for a short time when you no longer order from us. When you make an enquiry about a product of ours, we also retain the personal information you give us in your enquiry for a limited period of time. Our Data Retention policy below explains how long we keep your personal information. In all cases for transaction processing, our legal basis for processing your personal data is contract.
Deliveries: We will need to print your name and address on delivery notes and despatch labels, in order to deliver any goods you order from us. Please note that in order to resolve delivery queries once goods are on their way to you, that we may print your phone number on the despatch label to aid the courier in the event of a query about your delivery. Our couriers destroy any personal data provided by us once your goods have been delivered.
Marketing activities: we have separated out each marketing activity that your personal data is used for below. Note that any customers or website visitors who don't want to receive marketing communications from us can use the contacts form to manage their preferences, or the my account function on our website. Homeberry Ltd will never send you a marketing message that doesn't have a method of opting out from our marketing communications contained within it.
• Catalogues: we will provide our customers with at least one full range catalogue each year. The legal basis for processing is legitimate interest
• Product offers: from time to time Homeberry Ltd will send you discounted product offers via email , SMS or post. These offers are based on our knowledge of the products you have ordered or enquired about and your visits to our website, if you have visited it. The legal basis for processing is legitimate interest
• Inserts: Homeberry Ltd will sometimes include inserts from carefully selected and reputable organisations into your deliveries. Please note that at the time of writing, it is not possible to opt out of these inserts. The legal basis for processing is legitimate interest.
• Surveys: We occasionally survey portions of our customer and website visitor database to find out more about your experience using Homeberry Ltd and to find out how we can improve our service delivery to you. The legal basis for processing is legitimate interest.
• Site optimisation: the device-level information we automatically gather about you allows us to optimise the speed and performance of the website for you. The legal basis for processing is legitimate interest.
• Anonymous web analytics: W aggregates and anonymises all your activity on our website for traffic analysis, to help measure and improve the website performance. We also use this anonymised data to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising. Your personal data is anonymised in this process, so there is no requirement under GDPR for a legal basis for processing.
• Business Insight: your personal data and any order history goes into our business insight platform. We use this application to gain detailed insight into how to improve our product and service offering to you, and to also create statistical models to predict your likely purchasing intentions in the future. You can request that your data is removed from this business insight process in the preference section of My Account or by contacting our customer service team on 020 3903 9300. The legal basis for processing is legitimate interest, you can request that we remove your details from our business insight process.
How we protect and where we store your personal information
The personal information we collect about you is stored within our secure UK IT Data Centre. No identifiable personal information is stored or shipped to non-UK/EU locations. Your personal information is stored in databases which are encrypted at rest, providing the highest level of security. All personal information is moved to and from our website www.homeberry.co.uk via an HTTPS connection, which means that the transfer of data is also encrypted. Access to your personal data held on databases managed by Homeberry Ltd or its' authorised subcontractors, is granted only when there is a need to use the data, no permanent access exists.
How long we keep your personal information
Homeberry Ltd will only use your personal information for as long as you remain a customer, and for a short time after your last order. The maximum amount of time that Homeberry Ltd will retain your personal information in a data archive, is seven years, except in the event of a legal dispute. This seven-year limit is based on the legal requirement to maintain details of transactions as described in the Companies Act 2006. We have listed below how long we store your personal information for, which depends on your relationship with Homeberry Ltd.
If you made a purchase from us: we will keep the information you gave us and details of what you bought for up to seven years from the date of the last transaction with us. After that time your personal data will be anonymised, but we will keep your purchase and marketing history. Note that if you have purchased a Homeberry Ltd product that has a 10 year guarantee, we will keep your personal data for the length of the guarantee period.
If you enquired about a product, but did not make a purchase: we will keep the information we have on you as an enquirer for up to three years. After that time your personal data will be anonymised, but we will keep your enquiry and marketing history.
If you wrote to us: we will keep any correspondence with you for six years, although we do keep this information longer if your correspondence is a complaint.
Sharing your personal information with other organisations
Subcontractors: Homeberry Ltd use carefully selected subcontractors to assist in the management and structure of business information for its' own marketing purposes. The information these subcontractors process includes the personal information such as Name, Address and contact information, this will be used by our contractors to contact you to book install/deliveries
Requesting a copy of your personal information
You can contact Homeberry Ltd using the information below, to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. If you request this information, you will need to provide proof of your identity. We will return the information to you electronically in a text file. You are legally entitled to request this information under the General Data Protection Regulation, there is no charge for this service.
To request copy of your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Please be sure to include your full name, email address and postal address.
We will supply you the following information:
• Your contact details: which may include your email address, phone and mobile numbers, your previous address, your previous or second email address, your communications preferences and the date your contact details were last updated
• Your transaction history: if you have ordered from us, you will receive details of your order, including products purchased, date of purchase and the cost of the products
• Your marketing history: if we have marketed to you, we will send you details of the catalogues and emails we have sent you
• Email correspondence: we will search our email server to see if your email address is in any email message headers, if we find it, we will send you the email(s)
How to control your personal information on the Homeberry.co.uk website
If you do not want to receive communications from Homeberry Ltd, you can change your preferences via our my account function. You can also opt-out directly from emails and SMS messages that we may send you and you can use the opt-out section of the order form in our catalogues. Lastly, you can phone our customer service team on 020 3903 9300.
This privacy statement reflects the rights that you have under the General Data Protection Regulation, which specifically charges Homeberry Ltd with providing you access to your personal information, and to ensure that your data is used appropriately & securely with specific reference to the rights of you, the data subject. Those rights regarding your personal data are as follows:
The right to access a copy of your personal information that we hold
The right to object to our processing of your personal data, if doing so causes you distress
The right to prevent Homeberry Ltd processing your data for direct marketing purposes
The right to object to decisions being taken using automated means that includes your personal data
The right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or destroyed
The right to have your data erased from our IT infrastructure
The right to data portability
The right to be informed about the collection and use of your data
You can find out more about your rights regarding your personal data in the UK from the Office of the Information Commissioner www.ico.org.uk.
Data Controller: under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), organisations that collect, process and store your personal information are defined as Data Controllers, which makes Homeberry Ltd the Data Controller for your personal data collected from our website.
Data Subject: GDPR classifies individuals as data subjects. So you, the customer or enquirer of Homeberry Ltd are a data subject under GDPR if you purchase or enquire about our products.
Data Processor: a data processor is an organisation other than the data controller, who processes your personal data on behalf of the data controller. A good example of this is PayPal, who are one of the payment processing options for any products that you buy online. The data processors who handle your personal information gathered by our website have the same duty of care in handling your personal information.
5 Star Rating
we are delighted with the shed we ordered.. it arrived on time and was assembled with swiftly by a driver who was both pleasant and efficient. my only criticism would be the supply of only black roofing felt...it would have nice to have had green but that option wasn't available. I would recommend this supplier...very easy to deal with